Thursday, January 26, 2017

Gratitude.

Mommin'. Some of you have been doing it for longer than I've been alive. Some of you are brand spankin' new. That's me. Sometimes I wonder how I'm supposed to know what to do with this little infant that is totally dependent on other people (mostly me, yikes!) to keep her alive!

But that's just it-- you don't know. You don't know why they're crying. You don't know that you're going to smell that someone threw up on you all day long-- even after you change clothes, it's like it's literally coming out of your pores. You don't know that you're going to try to bargain with a baby to be able to take a bathroom break! "If you'll just stop crying so I can go to the bathroom, I'll feed you! It'll just take a minute!" You don't know that you shouldn't wear cute clothes ever bc your child's main goal in life is to poop or pee on everything you both own.

But you learn. You learn the difference between the "I'm just trying to get attention" cry and the "my tummy hurts" cry. You learn to take the fastest showers ever and put make up on with one hand-- and you probably just give up on your hair. Some things can't be helped.

And while learning to mom, it helps to have great support.

GRATITUDE. That's what I feel for my husband. He is so patient; he works hard to understand me {{good luck with that}} and always has my back. He encourages me. He loves me even when I'm a lot bit crazy. He is my biggest supporter.

Finding balance between being a mom and being a wife is a real thing. And it's hard. Some women may have it all together and their lives just magically adapted to having a baby, but not this one. Nope, not here.

So thank you to the husbands who get it. Who know that you're going to come home to a wife who just wants you to hold the baby for like ten minutes so she can shower. Husbands who appreciate all the blow-out diapers your wife changed this week. Husbands who make it easy to be grateful. Husbands who encourage their wives to do something that makes her feel good. Husbands who love our emotion-crazed new mom selves.

You are blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment