Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Work It Out.

First, for all of you that think it's been a while since I posted, just know that I did post.. and then accidentally deleted it when I was trying to delete a draft. So that was a good day.

Second, the title of this post is two-fold. Work it out. As in, exercise. Also, as in arguments.

Arguments.. easier to work out than the body most of the time. According to me, anyways. I'd rather think of a jillion ways to end a fight than increase my heart rate.

Is that just how life is when you get married? Life is busy. You work, he works. It seems like surely the time that you have off together should be spent together, not doing other things like working out. Right? WRONG.

I had that mindset for a little while. It was almost like I felt guilty for spending time doing something other than being with Cory. On a typical day, he wakes up at the crack of dawn, I wake up later than that, we both go to work, I get home around 5:30, he gets home between 6:30 and 8:00.. we're ready to eat, bathe and go to bed. Who has time to spread love and kind words and work out too?! We tried to work out together, but his legs are the length of my body, so we don't run well together. He's just too fast. So there went that. Besides, running is my favorite form of exercise and it's not his. It just wasn't a good fit.

So once I decided I was too busy to work out, I just kinda went with it. Working, crafting, eating, cooking (hamburger helper and the like, of course). 

Point is, I got tired of looking in the mirror and seeing something that I knew could be better if I would make time for working out. I was using getting married as an excuse. 

So, newlyweds, (and not newlyweds) your husband loves you. Big or small, short or tall, they love us all. But are you loving yourself enough to be the healthiest version of you that you can be? 

Maybe I'm completely rambling, but I feel like I see this happen all the time. Life (& marriage, sometimes) gets in the way of being healthy.

So, I'm working out. I'm running. Not every day. But Cory doesn't complain, I can tell you that. He's probably thinking "Hallelujah, praise Jesus. Bout time that girl got her run on." 

He never complained about me gaining weight; they won't if they're smart. But he's not complaining about the 20-30 minutes I spend running either. 

Hey, do you. Work out. Find your girl time. Be the best you.

No comments:

Post a Comment