Tuesday, September 23, 2014

X.

Jealousy. Isn't that just an everyday, slightly uglier than Arkansas humidity taking it's toll on my hair, part of life?

Every day may be pushing it, but I know that things happen that make me feel jealous, and I hate it. Jealousy is ugly and unbecoming. But there's a short list of things that will just do it to ya, no matter who you are, no matter how great your life is, no matter how awesome your husband is, no matter how many years you've been married, no matter how hard to try to not be jealous; it happens.

What are those things?

Hmm.. Let's see. Ex-Girlfriends. That's the one thing that makes me so jealous, so easily.. and the subject of exes is sometimes much more popular than you want it to be.

Hmm.. you're in luck, ladies and gents, looks like that's actually the beginning and end of my list. Oh, yours too?  Maybe or maybe not. Well, here's the deal. This topic isn't to dwell on the past, but this blog is supposed to be from a young, married girl's point of view, so there it is. Oh sure, there are girls who could waltz right up to your husband and give him a big ole smack on the hind cheeks and squish his cheeks together and just sugar him all over and you wouldn't care. It'd be like his grandma touching him. You don't mind, cause you're not that crazy. But then there are a handful of girls that would just about get the Special Weapons And Tactics team called on you, cause if they so much as look at your man with both of their eyes, it's on.

Don't tell me that maybe one face didn't pop up in your head; it's okay, you really don't have to tell me.

I also hear some girls say that they don't get jealous, they're too confident to be jealous. Then you've got the "I'm only jealous because I care" girls. Then you've got some who are right in the middle of psycho stalker and way too chill.

I'm not gonna act like I haven't had some crazy, psycho moments where I've just wanted to call up a chick and have a "hey, there's an 'ex' in front of 'girlfriend' and you. are. it. so why you tryin' to chat it up with my man" moment. But regardless of the crazy things I've said and done and the crazy things that you've said and done, just remember: you. are. it. You're not the ex. You're the girlfriend. Or the wife. The one he loves;  the guy who gets hair all over the sink and it makes you so mad that you can't handle it? Yeah, him. He loves you, even though you have your insane female moments and talk about girls that he probably hasn't thought about in years. Even though he looks at you like he might be scared to ever make you mad, because now he's seen that you probably are crazy enough to dispose of his body.

Marriage is so much more than talking about exes. They really have no part in your life, your conversations. It's good, important even, to have exes. You learn lessons about yourself and other people that you might not have learned without that person. But then, like every other part of the past, you leave that person in the past, and carry those lessons learned with you, to the future.

So, next time you see someone who has had a romantic history with that guy you love, don't get all crazy and cross-eyed. Instead, remember that he chose you, you chose him, and life is good. Trust me, you'll feel so much better about yourself.

Now, go tell your husband you love him.



No comments:

Post a Comment