Monday, September 1, 2014

3 Things My Husband Has In Common With Nathan Scott.

Alright, y'all. Cory has specifically requested that I not write personal things about him, though I can't imagine why he wouldn't want the whole world to know every charming thing about him that I know. 

Actually, considering I know now only charming things, but embarrassing things, I might be able to understand..

Anways, sharing common knowledge facts can't be something that will get me into trouble, surely.. 

If you aren't familiar with One Tree Hill, I can't be responsible if you don't understand the references, and the fact that I'm totally fan girl-ing right now. That being said, here goes.

1. High school jock
"In season one, Nathan was introduced as the selfish, jock basketball player for the Tree Hill Ravens."

I'm not referring to "jock" as a bad thing at all. It's endearing really. They ball hard, they play hard- and sometimes it's not just the game of basketball that they're playing. Not to say that my now charming husband is a player, oh no. Quite the opposite really. Like Nathan Scott, Cory has outgrown that game. Now he plays the game of "Try Not to Anger Your Wife Today." It's much harder and requires much more mental strength. On a day to day basis, his stats are going strong.

2. Pretty Boy

Funny story, but long before I came along, Cory took some classes with a couple of my cousins. He didn't know that, of course, considering the size of my family is approximately ginormous, and trying to find a Dixon in a classroom is like trying to find a bobby-pin in my hair: pointless. Moral of this story is that my sweet little cousins didn't know his name, so they referred to him as Pretty Boy. I think Cory finds this nickname offensive, perhaps, but for the life of me, I have no idea why. It could completely be the fact that I'm married to him, but I certain agree that he's the prettiest boy around! (If you don't know how this relates to Nathan Scott, allow Google to help you out. Like now.. he's pretty pretty as well). 

3. He's a Lover and a Fighter

For you faithful One Tree Hillers, you know that Nathan and Haley faced and overcame many obstacles. For you married ladies and gents, you know that's just a part of life.. and marriage. There were so many points that they could've just called it quits- we all could. But we don't. Because what is life without the one you love? We could probably all agree that Nathan said it best- "What I'm feeling is definitely not normal. And to be honest with you Haley, I don't ever want to be normal. Not with you." Don't get weak in the knees and jealous of my life, Cory hasn't made it to saying those exact words just yet. Point being, Nathan fought for Haley, and I have no doubt Cory would do the same, not just because he'd be without clean undies, but I think that for some reason or another, he loves me just as much as fictional Nathan loved fictional Haley.

Okay, so maybe this post was just a little reminder to myself that love on Netflix and love in real life aren't the same. Maybe it was to remind myself that no matter how good it seems on Netflix, those people don't face the day to day struggles that real life married couples do. Nathan and Haley fought over her riding off on tour to be a rock star. Cory and Cindi fight over who gets to take the car in for an oil change. Nonetheless, I encourage you to find yourself a close to perfect TV star and compare him/her to your husband/wife, not to see who has bigger muscles or more money or anything shallow, but for this reason: you realize how many cute, quirky attributes your real life partner has, and you know what makes them so great? They're your real life. 

"You can drive at sixteen, go to war at eighteen and drink at twenty-one. So how old do you have to be for your love to be real?" 
-One Tree Hill

1 comment:

  1. My inner OTH fan is totally loving this post! My sweet hubby has a lot in common with Nathan. But I like to think he's a mixture of Lucas and Nathan; because no matter hard he tries to be on the surface he's a be softy underneath.

    ReplyDelete