Sunday, August 24, 2014

My Very First Post.

I used to blog a lot when I was young. Well, I'm still young, but younger. Tiny teenager young. I tried to remember what kinds of things I could have possibly had to write about, but nothing important is coming to mind.. Maybe I wrote about what boy I liked or what my summer vacation would be like.. But oh, how things have changed. I'm still young, but I'm married. 

I want to devote this blog (well, most of it) to marriage. More specifically, my marriage. So first, in case you don't know me or my significant other, here's a little overview. We got married on May 10th of this year. I'm Cindi. I'm a dental hygienist, I love to talk, I love to craft. Cory, my husband, is a born and bred logger who also has his CDL license (and his initials are CDL, isn't that cute?). He lives and breathes work. He just asked what I was doing, and when I said "blogging," he asked if I was mad at him. Apparently, to men, blogging also means "venting." Well, not here. Not now, anyways. 

Hard Knocks and Little Love Talks was just a random thought one day while driving back to my home town. I thought "it'd be nice to see how other young people deal with married life"- the good, bad and very ugly. Also, I've learned that after the hard knocks, come the little love talks.

I know married people fight. I've heard it, seen it.. but I also heard (or read) that married people typically fight/argue/have disagreements over money. If I were to ask my Papa if that was true, he'd just tell me that when you don't have any money, it's easy to not fight over it. Or something like that. Anyways, I'm here to tell you that most of our arguments are not about money. Or family. Or probably any other normal thing to argue about. We bicker over the really  important things, like what temperature to set the AC on, who should mow the yard and where to eat at when I don't want to cook (which is a lot, because no one ever told me that my plan to marry someone who loved to cook might fall through). Unfortunately, it's not socially acceptable to ask other people what they fight about with their husband or wife, so I don't know for sure what other married people argue about, but I do know that about 99.9% of the things we bicker about are completely irrelevant to life.

Oh, but we're happy. See, hard knocks come in many shapes and forms, and when you realize that, you're prepared to deal with the situation and move on. 

Main thought for the day: I heard a man today say something to the effect of wanting Jesus Christ to be the very center of every single thing. His marriage. His family. His profession. His lunch dates. His Super Bowl parties. And, while it could seem silly that someone would care about details that seem minute, it got me thinking. Something is the cornerstone of your marriage. Something, whether it be greed, pride or Jesus, is the cornerstone. 

Ephesians 2:20&21
.."And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief cornerstone; In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:"

If your building (marriage) is centered around Jesus, the building (marriage) will be fitly framed together. Be sure your frame is built around the Chief Cornerstone, and don't fight over who gets to use up all the hot water first tonight!

-Cindi





1 comment:

  1. I read the second post before this one, but I'm so excited that you're doing this!!!!!

    ReplyDelete