Wednesday, August 27, 2014

That's So Annoying.

They probably don't mean to. Getting on your nerves isn't actually his main goal in life. Sometimes it just happens. Here are a few things that I just can't handle, yet they happen on the reg.

1. Why is there urine on the toilet seat?

I didn't know about this until I lived with a man. So, like a nice man, Cory raises the seat. Although he insists that it isn't fair that he has to lift the seat to pee, then put it down for me, he does it anyway. After I almost fell in the toilet a few times in the middle of the night. He tries to say he doesn't use the toilet when the seat is down, but I happen to know it's humanly impossible to live without pooping (sorry about the p word), therefore.. I know he does use it with the seat down. Also, he's over six feet tall which probably has something to do with said urine on the seat. Either way, you put it there. Not me. Please, clean it off.

2. How do you even have any hair on your body? I could've sworn I just saw it all over the sink. 

Cory doesn't have to tell me when he shaves his face. Sometimes I notice on my own. Sometimes I see enough hair on the bathroom sink to make a small wig. Either way, you put it there. Not me. Please, clean it off. On the off chance that he doesn't know how, show him. That way next time you find hair everywhere, he can't say he wasn't sure how to get it all off.

3. Tell me you love me or something before you ask me what's for dinner.

Hello, my new title is wife. Not maid. I hate cooking, but that's not the point. The point it, I do it.. usuallly. And before I do, LOVE ME. Kiss me, hug me, tell me I look so sexy in my scrubs. Then you can request freakin steak and mashed potatoes.

4. Do I have any clean pants?

Hmm, you're probably just asking that question because you've already looked in the closet and know you don't have any clean pants so you want me to wash them for you for work tomorrow. At 9 p.m. Yeah, that one actually just happened. Spin cycle is happening as we speak.




This may be a good thing for my marriage, but I can't think of any more annoying things at the moment. I happen to know that there are more unbelievably annoying things that he does, they just aren't coming to mind. #1 and #2 are the worst, but hey, that's life. I can live with cleaning the toilet and the sink. As long as he can live with tickling my back and watching One Tree Hill. All is fair in love.

Wanna know the best part? Cory has little to no idea that he annoys me with these things. It's not likely he artfully places urine on the toilet seat or gently places hair after hair on the sink. Just like I do things that annoy him to no end and I have no idea what they are because he doesn't dwell on them.

Marriage.. ahh. Two people annoying each other for the rest of their lives. What could be better?

2 comments:

  1. I need you to write a blog thing about how to find a nathan... or a cory I guess

    ReplyDelete